So...in addition to being sexually assaulted, humiliated, and going through the process of getting a rape kit done (which is another humiliating experience), the women of Wasilla were then forced to fork out up to $1200 FOR THEIR OWN RAPE KIT! Uh. And what about the victims who don't have that kind of cash just laying about? Are they denied access to commonly used forensic evidence?
Thankfully, the governor of Alaska (then a democrat) signed a law making Wasilla's little brand of "justice" illegal.
Oh, but remember girls, we're supposed to vote for her because she possesses a set of ovaries and therefore clearly has our best interests in mind.
MY ASS. Damn, this bitch is scary. Stupid, and frankly insane.
A note about my use of the word bitch: Sarah Palin referred to herself as "a pit bull with lipstick". Translation: she called herself a dog. And, being a female...that would pretty much make her a bitch, would it not? Nothing sexist here...she labeled herself.
- Current Location:work
- Current Mood: annoyed
1. Sarah's under investigation by the Alaska legislature for the improper firing of a state employee. More specifically, a state trooper who was about to become her ex-brother-in-law. Divorce my sister, loose your job. Yeah, that's legal. Best part? The results of the investigation are due in late October.
2. Sarah's 17-year-old daughter, Bristol, is pregnant. Apparently, little Trig Palin doesn't belong to her, as earlier rumors indicated, because she's currently 5 months along. Now, normally I'd say "so what, none of our business," but Ms. Palin's hypocrisy is showing here. You see, she's a member of the Assembly of God, a Penecostal (read: creepy-ass fundie) church that believes in abstinence only education, teaching creationism in schools, and making abortions illegal in all circumstances. So, Sarah...how'd that abstinence only education work for your kid? Good, eh? Oh, but...it's ok because Bristol is going to keep the baby and marry the baby daddy! Hooray for the choice of life! Of course, if Bristol were poor or black, her mommy would be ranting about how her parents had failed and now there's gonna be another baby on the welfare.
3. She's apparently in quite tight with Sen. Ted Stevens. You know, the recently indicted Ted Stevens? So much for her "maverick, fighting the good fight against corruption" image!
4. And my personal favorite, in a recent interview about her thoughts on being on the possible VP list, Sarah seemed to think she would be bored, asking "what is it exactly that the VP does every day? I'm used to, uh, being very productive and workin' real hard in administration. We wanna make sure that VP slot would be a fruitful type of position, especially for Alaskans and the things we're trying to accomplish up here for the rest of the US before I could even start addressing that question." (youtube video of the interview HERE). Um. Let's see...the Vice President is in charge of breaking ties in the US Senate and...you know...potentially taking over the most powerful job in the fucking world. But I'm sure you're being more productive as the governor of a state with 30 people in it, you fucking TWIT. God, I mean...she's just absolutely fucking brain dead.
Believe it or not, there's actually more crap floating out there about her. Like her affiliation with some organization in Alaska that wants to secede from the US, and her involvement in something called "the bridge to nowhere". But anyway...what does this say about John McCain? Well. Choosing a running mate is a nominee's first opportunity to make an executive level decision. How do YOU think he did?
- Current Location:home
- Current Mood: optimistic
- Current Music:Transformers
Well, aside from being John McCain's VP pick, who the fuck knows. Here's a bit of a round-up:
1. She's been governor of Alaska for 1.5 years. Before that she was mayor of a town of 6500 people, for one term.
2. She's got 5 kids. The oldest is 18 and will be reporting to duty in Iraq in about a month. The youngest is 4 months old and has Down's Syndrome.
3. She was a runner-up in the Miss Alaska pageant in the 80s.
4. She has ovaries. Which I believe was the deciding factor here.
Whoooo hooo, if that resume doesn't just scream "PERFECT VICE PRESIDENTIAL NOMINEE" t
1. This is clearly McCain's sad attempt to woo Hillary's supporters. Hahahahaha. Way to insult them, you douchebag. Unless, of course, Hillary's supporters only supported Hillary because she's a girl, rather than because she's an intelligent, qualified woman and they liked her political positions. But yeah, anyone who was in it for the ovaries is sure to jump ship and join McCain now. Good riddance to both of you.
2. John McCain's best argument against Obama was his lack of experience. Ahhhhhhoooo, buddy, he just tossed that one right down the crap shoot, didn't he? How does this sound? "Barack Obama has only been in the US Senate for 3 years! He was only in the Illinois state legislature for 7 years before that! He has NO EXPERIENCE! Oh hey, have you all met my VP candidate? She's been governor of a state with 10 people in it for the past 16 months!" This is particularly important since McCain is older than god and has a looooong history of cancer. So yeah, basically, this woman would be a heartbeat away from the presidency, with absolutely ZERO foreign affairs knowledge and scary little experience in anything else. This is actually reminding me a lot of the time Bush nominated Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court.
3. There's a nasty rumor going about that Sarah's youngest child is actually her grandchild. Ever seen Desperate Housewives? Yup...apparently, she pulled a Bree. It's all rumor at this point, but....Sarah didn't announce her pregnancy until she was 7 months along. Errr. She's in her 40s, she's skinny, and this was her 5th kid. Ladies who have been pregnant, you tell me...how likely is it that nobody on her staff had clue one that she was preg? Cuz they didn't. Oooh, and at the same time, Sarah's 16-year-old daughter was mysteriously missing from high school for months at a time. Supposedly she had mono. And then there was the whole weirdness of Sarah flying from Texas to Alaska AFTER she starting having contractions (ummm, doctors allow that??), and the fact that she was back at work 3 days after giving birth. Looking not even slightly chubby. Hmmmm. Again, I repeat....all rumor at this point...
4. There's much more, but I'm hopped up on cold meds. I'll be revisiting this wonderful VP pick again in the near future.
- Current Location:work
- Current Mood: cheerful
Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) said in an interview Wednesday that he was uncertain how many houses he and his wife, Cindy, own.
"I think — I'll have my staff get to you," McCain told Politico in Las Cruces, N.M. "It's condominiums where — I'll have them get to you."
The correct answer is at least four, located in Arizona, California and Virginia, according to his staff. Newsweek estimated this summer that the couple owns at least seven properties.
In recent weeks, Democrats have stepped up their effort to caricature McCain as living an outlandishly rich lifestyle — a bit of payback to the GOP for portraying Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) as an elitist, and for turning the spotlight in 2004 on the five homes owned by Sen. John F. Kerry (D-Mass.) and his wife, Teresa Heinz Kerry.
And the Republicans are calling Obama an elitist because he EATS ARUGULA. He doesn't know how many HOUSES he owns, for fuck's sake. HOUSES! How do you not know that?? But he feels your pain, ye middle class.
Remember the days when George H.W. Bush took a raft of shit because he didn't know how much a gallon of milk was? Hells, at least he knew how many houses he had!
- Current Location:work
- Current Mood: irritated
- Current Music:Bad Day ~ Fuel
DID YOU KNOW? John McCain came back from Vietnam and cheated on his disabled wife before leaving her and his three children and marrying a rich heiress 17 years his junior. McCain obtained a marriage license for his second marriage while he was still married to his first wife. (1)
DID YOU KNOW? The McCains own ten homes, valued at more than $13 million, including TWO swanky beachfront condos in California. The McCains failed to pay taxes on one of those beach homes for the past four years. (2)(3)
DID YOU KNOW? The McCains have been known to charge hundreds of thousands of dollars IN A SINGLE MONTH on their credit cards. (4)
DID YOU KNOW? John McCain's chief economic adviser, rich Swiss Bank lobbyist Phil Gramm, recently told the Washington Times that the current economic crisis is a "mental recession" and said that America is a "nation of whiners." (5)
DID YOU KNOW? Earlier this year John McCain said, "I don't believe we're headed into a recession, I believe the fundamentals of this economy are strong and I believe they will remain strong." He also stated that, "The issue of economics is not something I've understood as well as I should." (6)
DID YOU KNOW? John McCain regularly plays craps for "a few thousand dollars at a time." He loves to gamble and is extremely superstitious. (7)(8)
DID YOU KNOW? John McCain recently called Social Security "an absolute disgrace." McCain was a big supporter of President Bush's unpopular plan to ditch Social Security and replace it with private accounts. (9)(10)
DID YOU KNOW? American taxpayers spend $340 million EVERY SINGLE DAY in Iraq. Yet John McCain thinks it would be okay to keep our brave troops there for up to "one hundred years." (11)(12)
DID YOU KNOW? Disabled American Veterans give John McCain a 20% rating on his voting record for Veterans, the worst score among all 100 senators (tied with Mike Crapo and Larry Craig). The Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America gave him a "D" rating. (13)(14)
DID YOU KNOW? John McCain says he wants to save the environment, but the League of Conservation Voters currently ranks him DEAD LAST among all 535 members of Congress, with a 0% rating. (15)
DID YOU KNOW? McCain has failed to vote on the last 19 environmental bills in the Senate, dating back to 2005. (16)
DID YOU KNOW? Every single day for the first four months of this year 1.6 million barrels of U.S. oil were exported to foreign countries - up 33% from last year - while our gas prices continue to go through the roof. The McCain/Bush solution is to give big oil companies even more opportunities to pollute our coastlines and despoil the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. (17)(18)
DID YOU KNOW? The Department of Energy estimates that if we start the McCain/Bush offshore drilling plan today, we could lower gas prices by 6 cents - but not until the year 2025. (19)
DID YOU KNOW? John McCain, like George W. Bush, supports using the form of torture known as waterboarding. (20)
DID YOU KNOW? John McCain will continue George W. Bush's "rich get richer, poor get poorer" fiscal policies. If you make under $112,000 per year you will pay HIGHER taxes under John McCain than under Barack Obama. One quarter of McCain's tax breaks go to people making more than $2.8 million per year. (21)
- Current Location:work
- Current Mood: tired
"I spent as much time with Cindy in Washington and Arizona as our jobs would allow," McCain wrote. "I was separated from Carol, but our divorce would not become final until February of 1980."
An examination of court documents tells a different story. McCain did not sue his wife for divorce until Feb. 19, 1980, and he wrote in his court petition that he and his wife had "cohabited" until Jan. 7 of that year -- or for the first nine months of his relationship with Hensley.
Although McCain suggested in his autobiography that months passed between his divorce and remarriage, the divorce was granted April 2, 1980, and he wed Hensley in a private ceremony five weeks later. McCain obtained an Arizona marriage license on March 6, 1980, while still legally married to his first wife.
1. He was having an affair with Cindy while still married to Carol.
2. In his memoir, he lied about the day his divorce was final.
3. He obtained a marriage license, almost a full month before his divorce was final.
4. He got married 5 weeks after the divorce was final.
SKETCHYYYYYY! And why, dear MSM, isn't this being discussed more?? After all, this douchebag is the presidential nominee for the "family values party." Though it is comforting to see that the dear old GOP hasn't changed in the slightest. I guess we should be impressed that he doesn't snort coke off the bare backsides of underage male prostitutes in airport bathrooms.
- Current Mood: bored
This, a mere few days after we learn that McCain is "aware of the Internet"...but has no idea how to use it. And that too, is supposedly not a big deal.
Most clueless Presidential candidate since...well...since our current President? Yes, indeedy. And alas, it appears, potentially even MORE clueless. Shudder to think...
- Current Location:Studio City, CA
- Current Mood: sore
The polls, by Quinnipiac University in partnership with the Wall Street Journal and washingtonpost.com, show that Obama seems to be building a coalition of women, minorities and younger voters.
Obama leads McCain by 49% to 44% in Colorado; 48% to 42% in Michigan, 54% to 37% in Minnesota, and 52% to 39% in Wisconsin.
The states represent 46 electoral votes, 37 of which went to Democratic candidate John Kerry in 2004. Colorado's nine electoral votes went to George W. Bush.
Today's polls continue a string of good news for Obama this week as several national polls show him running ahead of McCain by growing pluralities. The Los Angeles Times/Bloomberg poll showed Obama up by 12 points.
More at the link.
- Current Location:Work
- Current Mood: cheerful
Dear Dr. Laura,
Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the other specific laws and how to follow them:
When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?
I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?
I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15:19- 24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.
Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?
I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?
A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?
"Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the water, that shall be an abomination unto you" Leviticus 11:12
Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?
Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?
I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?
My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev. 24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)
I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.
Your devoted fan, Jim
Especially in light of this:
Obama recently gave a speech in which he said the following..."Which passages of scripture should guide our public policy?" Obama asks in the speech. "Should we go with Leviticus, which suggests slavery is okay and that eating shellfish is an abomination. Or we could go with Deuteronomy which suggests stoning your child if he strays from the faith or should we just stick to the Sermon on the Mount."
"So before we get carried away, let's read our Bible now," Obama also said to cheers. "Folks haven't been reading their Bible."
And then...On the radio show Tuesday, Dobson said Obama should not be referencing antiquated dietary codes and passages from the Old Testament that are no longer relevant to the teachings of the New Testament.
"I think he's deliberately distorting the tradition understanding of the Bible to fit his own worldview, his own confused theology," Dobson said, later adding that Obama is "dragging biblical understanding through the gutter."
So which is it, Dobson? Does Leviticus 18:22 clearly give you the right to be a homophobic piece of shit, or is Leviticus no longer relevant to the teachings of the New Testament? Or...did the Baby Jesus himself stop by one night and tell you which passages from the Old Testament you should ignore and which ones were of the utmost importance? Though if you're going with the third option, one has to wonder why Jesus himself never said shit about homosexuality. Not a thing. Huh. One would think such a horrible abomination would have at least been mentioned in passing by, you know, the Son of God...
- Current Location:work
- Current Mood: annoyed